CAMG Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 1/1/20
At Consumer Attorney Marketing Group, Inc. (“CAMG,” “we,” “us” “our”), we take our privacy commitments seriously. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to all CAMG sites on which it appears and governs data collection and usage in connection with your interactions with us, including when you visit our websites or interact with us over the phone or otherwise (the “Services”).
This Notice does not apply to information which does not reasonably permit the identification of a household or individual, to anonymized or aggregated data, or to the websites of third parties linked to from this notice or CAMG websites.
1. What Information does CAMG Collect?
Information You Give Us. CAMG may collect information that you provide. For example, we may collect name, home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, other identifiers that permit physical or online contacting of a specific individual, and information concerning users that we maintain in a personally identifiable form in combination with any other information described in this section. If you purchase CAMG’s products and services, we collect billing and payment card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. We may also collect medical information, information about past claims relating to your injuries, and other claim or injury information.
Automatically Collected Information. When you visit our website or use our online services, we may automatically collect information that your browser or device provides. This information may include: your IP address; the type of browser, devices and operating systems you use; identifiers associated with the device(s) you use to access our sites; the pages you visit and the features you use; access dates and times; and if you navigated from or navigate to another website, the address of that website; and information regarding your internet service provider.
In addition, we may collect information about your activities on our sites via first and third-party cookies, clear GIFs or web beacons, or through other identifiers or technologies, including similar technologies as they may evolve over time. We refer to these technologies collectively as Data Tools.
We may allow third parties to use Data Tools on our sites. The information collected by Data Tools may be shared with and used by us, by others acting on our behalf, or by third parties subject to their own privacy notices. Information collected by Data Tools may be used on this site or on other websites or services, including those that may not be operated by us. Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses our web sites or online services.
Email. We may collect information regarding the effectiveness of our email and other communications with you. For example, we may know if you follow a link in an email we send to you.
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from our affiliates, partners, and other third parties. This information may include information about your use of this site or our Services, your use of other websites, your interactions with or purchases from others, your interests and preferences and other information about you or your household. We may combine the information we obtain from third parties with information that we or our affiliates have collected about you.
2. How does CAMG Use Personal Information?
CAMG provides marketing services for the legal industry to facilitate advertising-related services for lawyers, law firms and related entities (“Professional Clients”). These entities may use the data we provide according to their own policies, for which we are not responsible. CAMG uses your personal information to conduct its business, operate its websites, and provide our Services, including to:
- Provide information to Professional Clients and their partners, affiliates, and co-counsel;
- Manage our business and protect ourselves, you, other persons, and the Services;
- Better understand how you use and interact with our Services;
- Comply with our policies and obligations, including, but not limited to, disclosures and responses related to any requests from law enforcement authorities and/or regulators in accordance with any applicable law, rule, regulation, judicial or governmental order, regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction, discovery request, advice of counsel or similar legal process;
- Protect against illegal activity, fraud, and potential improper use of our services, which may involve the processing of IP addresses and location information associated with those IP addresses.
- Troubleshoot problems;
- Monitor and analyze traffic and page visits for our websites and online services;
- Deliver customized content and advertising to users whose behavior indicates they are interested in a particular product or subject area;
- Provide customer service or otherwise communicate with you, other users and our Professional Clients;
- Inform our Professional Clients of other products or services available from CAMG and its affiliates; and
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We may disclose the information we gather with our affiliates and third parties. For example, we may share information with:
- Our Professional Clients, who may share the information with partners, affiliates, co-counsel and others;
- Service providers and/or data processors: We may share information we gather about you with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction on our behalf or in support of our business.
- Other third-parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- To comply with any legal, regulatory or contractual obligation, or with any legal or regulatory process (such as a valid court order or subpoena) or advice of counsel;
- To third parties or our Professional Clients, including law firms, to market our or their products or services to you, or to offer you legal representation;
- To establish, exercise, or defend legal claims or our policies;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our Professional Clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud prevention; or
- In connection with the purchase, sale, merger, consolidation or transfer of all or part of our business.
We may also disclose information we gather in order to fulfill the purposes for which you provide it consistent with the context in which the PI was collected, or for other purposes with your consent.
4. Your Choices
As of the Effective Date listed above, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or to other mechanisms that provide the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information regarding your online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services.
We give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from CAMG by following the opt-out link contained within relevant marketing emails, emailing us at email@example.com, or calling us at: 800-200-CAMG. We may continue to send you non-marketing messages, such as messages relating to your transactions with us.
5. Security of your Personal Information
We use administrative, technical, and physical security designed to safeguard personal information in our possession. However, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that we collect and store.
6. California Privacy Practices and your California Rights
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to whom we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like such a list, please contact us via the Contact section provided below.
If you are a California resident, click here for more information about our privacy practices and your rights under California law.
7. Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to modify our privacy policies from time to time. If we do, we will notify you of these changes by adjusting this Notice and updating the Effective Date listed above. We encourage you to periodically review this Notice to be informed of how CAMG is handling your information.
8. Contact Information
You may contact us at:
21051 Warner Center Lane, Suite 250
Woodland Hills, California 91367
Email Address: Info@camginc.com
Telephone number: 800-200-CAMG