COVID-19 Media Intel
Hi, I’m Steve Nober, CEO of CAMG, and I’d like to pass along some very interesting and pertinent intel. Our media team sends me this report weekly but I wanted to take a moment to share it with you now since it’s so relevant to COVID-19 and current marketing opportunities. Last weeks’ performance numbers were at or below acquisition costs that we have tracked weekly through 2020, which is great news.I predict these costs to continue to drop as we progress through the second quarter of this year.
FROM CAMG MEDIA DIVISION:
What We’re Seeing in Local TV Markets
TV stations hold general market advertisers to a 2-week cancellation clause. (These are buyers who book non-preemptable schedules for auto, financial services, retail, and other big-name brands.) If we’re to assume last Monday, March 16, was D-Day, then the 2-week window closes this Sunday, March 29.
In the Top 50 U.S. media markets, the largest non-political advertising categories running on local market stations have been:
- Automotive: Local dealers and dealer associations
- Furniture Stores: Rooms-To-Go, Ashley, American Freight, Bob’s Discount, etc.
- Quick Service Restaurants: Checkers, McDonald’s, Jack-in-the-Box, Papa John’s, etc.
- Legal services are usually ranked in the Top 4.
Automotive and Quick Service Restaurants are two of the advertising categories that are cancelling ads. The bulk of Automotive (75%) and Quick Service Restaurant (65%) ads run after 4:30 pm. Note that 80% of Legal Services advertising runs between 6 am and 7 pm. This means it’s unlikely that Auto or Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) will release enough inventory during the day to significantly boost our access.
Additional Advertisers Pulling Back on Advertising During Day
- Auto Insurance brands (Geico, Progressive, Liberty Mutual) run big chunks of their schedules during the day—and are pulling back.
- Optional Medical Procedure Brands (Clear Choice Dental Implants, SonoBelo BodySculpting, etc.) are also pulling back as consumers want to limit exposure to coronavirus and not take on additional debt at this time.
- Political Advertising is probably on hold until the traditional season begins around Labor Day, with cancellation of April primaries
What Does This Mean for CAMG and Our Clients?
- Between 8 to 13% of TV station inventory (more on independent stations; less on network affiliates) will open up.
- In real terms, that’s about 160-500 30-second equivalent ad units each week per market.
- We’ll have to battle with that inventory with Direct Response brands (SoClean, My Pillow, Plexaderm, Life Alert) who will see this as a chance to grab customers on the cheap.
What’s Our Plan?
CAMG is active across local TV markets and national markets, 52 weeks per year. We are in constant contact with our reps and the clients we represent are significant to those reps. CAMG will leverage the strength of our relationships with both reps and station managers to bring our clients both lower rates and bonus spots. Using empirical data, our media team will search out and utilize all current media opportunities, effectively boosting our clients’ exposure and getting the most out of their hard-earned marketing dollars.
Thank you for reading this report. I want to continue to keep you updated so you are aware of the media opportunities that are out there right now but are fluid and changing weekly. Please visit and bookmark our CAMG COVID-19 Command Center for additional marketing and media updates.
_I know these are difficult times but, by being proactive and working together, we can leverage these opportunities. If you have any questions or would like to know how we can help, please reach out to your sales rep or me. You can also contact us by email at [firstname.lastname@example.org].(mailto:email@example.com)
President & CEO
Is your firm in the Top 3 of Google Search?
CAMG Ethics White Paper
Are you looking for data-driven marketing for your law firm?
As a full-service agency, CAMG handles everything from marketing and creative to support your law firm needs to operate campaigns at the maximum efficiency.
I have worked with CAMG for years. Not only are they great at delivering, but they are great people to work with!
CAMG is always accommodating and willing to work in a way that supports your office as an extension of your team.
Steve Nober and the team at CAMG are responsive, ethical, talented, reasonably priced, and easy to work with!
If you are looking for professional, hardworking people who produce great results and then take you out for a nice dinner, look no further than CAMG
THE NATION’S LARGEST FULLY INTEGRATED
Marketing Agency Dedicated to Law Firms
- Public Relations
- Medical Record Retrieval & Review
- Search Engine Optimization
- Paid Digital
- Out of Home
- Intake & Contracting Services